We are pleased to offer the following services at Stoneside Veterinary Hospital:
- Complete physical examinations- preventative annual exams and not-so-well exams
- Preventative medicine
Testing- Heartworm, Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV), Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV), affordable Young and Senior wellness packages including comprehensive fecal parasite testing (convenient take home kits available)
Vaccinations- Parvo/distemper, Feline RCCP, rabies, bordetella (kennel cough), feline leukemia virus, canine influenza (combination H3N2, H3N8 vaccine available), rattlesnake vaccine (call for availability); ferret vaccinations (rabies, distemper- please call for availability)
Puppy Wellness Program- Includes all that your puppy needs for a healthy start to life: puppy examination, all necessary vaccines, fecal testing, deworming and parasite prevention, free nail trims at every visit, discount on the spay or neuter, and more for a one time cost of only $259
- Medicine- diagnosis and management of skin and ear trouble, gastrointestinal disorders, arthritis and pain management, heart and lung problems, ocular disorders, endocrine (hormonal) conditions, kidney disease, and much more
- Surgery- spays, neuters, laceration and wound repair, masses and lumps (biopsy and removal), and much more as needed for specific medical problems.
- Dentistry- comprehensive preventative cleanings ("dentals") and treatment of dental disease including surgical tooth extractions. We have a variety of home dental care products for sale in our retail area.
- Nutrition- dietary therapy and management of obesity, skin allergies, arthritis, intestinal disorders, kidney and bladder problems, and aging and cognitive function.
- Pharmacy- in house and convenient, reliable home delivery through Vet's First Choice
- Radiology- x-rays as well as ultrasound available through referral or mobile services provided by board certified radiologists.
- Laser therapy with our Companion Therapy Laser Class IV laser- An effective and safe option for treatment of acute and chronic pain, arthritis, wound healing, skin and ear problems, and more
Our appointment book is computerized which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. Emergencies are accepted anytime our clinic is open. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, please call us or come to the hospital immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency.
Dr. Gaffrey and the Stoneside staff are on duty 6 days a week and are trained and equipped to handle any urgent care your pet has. Emergencies can be things such as poison ingestion, hit by car, bleeding, trouble breathing, or bloating. If you ever feel that your pet needs emergency treatment do not hesitate to call or come in immediately. If possible, it is best to call before coming in so that a team member can advise you on your particular emergency.
We are also available for urgent care when the condition is not life-threatening, but you feel your pet needs to be seen before you are able to get an appointment. Our veterinarians will work to "squeeze" you in between scheduled appointments. When you arrive, our receptionists will be able to give you an estimate on how long you may have to wait in order to be seen.
At Stoneside Veterinary Hospital, we can care for many types of pets:
- Small exotic mammals
Young and Senior Canine & Feline Wellness panels- $95-$125: heartworm, tick-borne disease (+/- Feline Leukemia and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus) testing, complete blood count, comprehensive chemistry panel, fecal exam, +/- thyroid hormone testing. Amazing price for these very thorough panels to catch problems before they happen! Available through September 2017.
Low cost cat spay & neuter- Stoneside Vet Hospital partners with PUPS- Prevent Unwanted Pets of Cat Spring, Texas to provide spay and neuter surgery at a reduced cost. PUPS is a non-profit organization that provides financial assistance to pet owners in a variety of situations to offset the cost of spay & neuter surgery. For more information, please call the office or visit the PUPS website by clicking here.
Stoneside Veterinary Hospital offers discounted services to senior citizens and military service members.